What is Adobe Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop is a rectangular pattern of parallel scanning line graphics editor developed by Adobe Inc. for Windows and macOS. This software has become the quality of the industry also in digital art as a whole and is one of the best-known software applications.
How to use Adobe Photoshop?
1. How to Open a Document in Photoshop
To create a new document, click “File” on the top left menu and then, select “new” or click “Open” to reach an existing file.
When you create a new document, a dialogue box will emerge. You can name that file, choose the size and resolution as you want. If you want high-quality for print, 300 pixels is advised. Then, click OK and you’re ready to work.
Keep in mind, that Photoshop will “lock” this incipient document, which keeps you from making edits directly to that layer. To unlock it, just click the lock icon in the layer’s name and it will vanish.
2. Photoshop Toolbox
The toolbox in the left sidebar are organized into groups based on what they do:
- The top section includes selection, cropping, and dividing tools. Use these to select parts of your images that you want to edit and slice out parts you want to exclude.
- The second section includes retouch and paint tools. Use these to get rid of unwanted spots on product items, draw on your image, erase certain parts and colour them, or enhance them by sharpening.
- The third section consists of drawing and typing tools. You can use these to write text or draw over your image by using the pen tool.
3. Layers in photoshop
This is a critical feature to understand. You might find that Photoshop isn’t doing something that you optate it to, only to discover that it’s an issue with your layers. Having a fundamental understanding of this feature can avail to evade road bumps.
When you use multiple layers, it is easier to edit one part of your image without messing up the rest of the final product. You can easily add or delete layers, as well as “hide” them by clicking the icon to the left of each layer’s name.
As a result of many of your actions, Photoshop will automatically create a new layer. Just assume, if you utilize the type equipment to inscribe on the background image, or if you paste in another image onto your document, it will engender a separate, unnamed layer.
In the example above, you can visually perceive three layers:
- one for the logo at the bottom
- another for the text
- other for the background image
You are strongly recommended to name your layers while working, otherwise, it can confuse you. To perform this action, double-click where it says “Layer X” and type in whatever you want.
Now, if we want to move the logo around, we can just click the logo’s layer and move it, without disturbing any other document.
4. How to Use Pen Tool in Photoshop
You can draw your own shapes by using the pen tool, which has four different options:
- Standard Pen: draw curves and straight lines
- Curvature Pen: draw freely, like you’re using pen and paper
- Magnetic Pen: draw paths that snap to certain defined edges for more precision
5. How to Use the Type Tool in Photoshop
The Type tool is used to write words onto your image and when you hold in your left toolbox, you’ll see the option to type either horizontally or vertically. You can also get the option to edit using the Character panel, which gives you a few more options.
The Type serves many options which include changing:
- The size and colour, as well as styles like italics, small caps, underline, strikethrough, superscript, and subscript
- The spacing between each line and each letter
- The vertical and horizontal scale and the tall and wide features of your text.
Benefits of Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop can help you create a brand across many different platforms that your audience can identify clearly, making it easier for them to choose to buy from you.
Top-Class Product Images
Product photos are the most proximate thing to your authentic product for online shoppers. By utilizing Photoshop to make the images pop you can build reliance on your brand and make your website visitors want to buy from you as compared to other brands.
Best Marketing Material
With Photoshop, for your new campaigns, you don’t need to hire a freelancer to create assets. You can create email marketing, PPC, and other marketing channels yourself by using the plethora of photoshop tutorials for beginners.
Photoshop is a great tool as you can download a website template which you can further customize for requirements and send this to your agency to work with.