Diploma in Information Technology
[One Year Program]
The diploma in information technology is a one year program that helps candidates to find many careers open for them after earning this academic achievement. In today’s world, as there is a high demand for computer skills, the diploma in information technology can be the basis of a successful career as well as it also teaches candidates the analytical skills.
Diploma in IT is interconnected to examination, computer programming and organization, management of data, systems development and principles, etc. In the last decade, the demand for IT has increased rapidly. So, ICT-trainings institute organized this program served by the professional trainers across Lahore.
What is IT?
IT is a broad subject concerned with all fronts of managing and processing information and is often used to describe computers and its networks. The computer networks include physical hardware, operating systems, apps, databases and storage, etc.
Information technology in computers is used to store, retrieve, transmit, and manipulate the data. Nowadays, many companies have IT departments for managing the computers, networks, and other technical areas of their businesses. Since we live in the "information age," information technology has become a part of everyday lives.
Difference between computer science (CS) and IT
The two careers, CS and IT each require a slightly different set of skills, and they each appeal to somewhat different types.
Installing, organizing and maintaining computer systems as well as designing and operating networks and databases all are categorized in Information technology. On the other hand, using mathematical algorithms, computer science is entirely focused on programming computers and falls in a wider range of businesses to universities as well as video game design companies.
Courses covered in DIT program
Microsoft Office (IT Office) is a collection of software and services developed by Microsoft. Stepping into the world of Microsoft and learning will benefit you in every aspect of life. MS Office consists of many software like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
Learn ms word which is a computer program developed by Microsoft and is used to construct and edit text documents. The highlighting ability of word is to make changes easily, such as spelling corrections, deleting, formatting and relocating text. Adding to it, the document can be printed quickly and accurately saved for later modifications.
It is an electronic spreadsheet program that is utilized in recording and analyzing numerical data. The sheet is spread as a collection of columns and rows that form a table. Alphabetical letters are usually allocated to columns and numbers are assigned to rows. A cell is represented by the letter which addresses the column and a row is represented by the number. Learn ms excel which has many functions to extract and analyze the data that range from basic mathematical functions to complex statistical analyses will help in managing accounts, etc.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a slideshow presentation program created by Forethought, Inc. Microsoft has released an abundance of updated versions of powerpoint which offers more features and incorporating better technology. Furthermore, powerpoint was unified into Microsoft Office and embrace common elements and a connected user interface.
Graphic-design includes formatting, illustration, typography and photography. This product runs around symbols, images and texts which are built and combined to form visual representations.
Corel Corporation developed a vector graphics editor known as Corel draw. The latest version is marketed as CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2019 and was released on 12 March 2019. CorelDraw is especially designed to edit two-dimensional images such as logos and posters.
Adobe Photoshop is a raster graphics editor developed by Adobe Inc. for Windows and macOS. It was originally created in 1988 by Thomas and John Knoll and is used in graphics editing and digital art as a whole. Photoshop uses its own PSD and PSB file formats to support its features. In addition, this software has limited abilities to edit the text and vector graphics as well as 3D graphics and video. Its feature set can be expanded by plug-ins (programs developed and distributed independently of Photoshop that run inside it and offer enhanced features).
Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics editor developed in 1985 and marketed by Adobe Inc. Along with Creative Cloud, Illustrator CC was also released. Furthermore, Adobe Illustrator was reviewed as the best vector graphics editing program in 2018.
HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language and is the standard markup language used for Web pages. HTML elements are the constructing blocks of its pages and are represented by <> tags.
CSS (cascading style sheet)
CSS controls the display of HTML elements. CSS is specially designed to separate the display of content and presentation.
Document Object Model is cross-platform with independent language that presents the HTML document as a tree where each node is an object which represents a document’s component. DOM methods sanction programmatic access to the tree; with them, one can transmute the structure, style or content of a document. Nodes can have event handlers affixed to them. Once an event is triggered, they get executed.
Concepts of networking and CCNA
CISCO presents CCNA as an information technology certification. Adding to it, an intranet is a private network, operated by a large company or organization, which uses internet technologies from the global internet. Whereas, an extranet is an intranet that is accessible to some people from outside the company, or possibly shared by more than one organization.
It is the process of:
- Bug fixing
Java is a general-purpose and the most popular programming language that is class-based, object-oriented and designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. It allows app developers to write once and then makes it run anywhere. Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode that can run on any Java virtual machine and its syntax is similar to C/C++.
SQL Server is developed by Microsoft and is a relational database management system. Similar to other RDBMS software, SQL Server is built on top of SQL for interacting with relational databases. Additionally, SQL Server works exclusively on Windows environment.
PHP is an explained, top-level, and web programming language. Moreover, its object-oriented approach aims to avail programmers inscribe clear, logical code for minuscule and astronomically immense-scale projects. Professional PHP programming demands skills of programming like organizing and structuring code, manipulating the file system, working with frameworks, database integration, understanding of e-commerce and business applications, etc.
MySQL is an open-source Oracle-backed relational database management system based on SQL. MySQL runs on all platforms which include Linux, UNIX and Windows. Although it can be used in a wide range of applications, it is most often related to web apps.
ASP.Net web application
ASP.NET is an open-source server-side web apps development framework that engenders dynamic web pages to sanction programmers to build flamboyant web sites, applications and accommodations.
Windows operating system
Microsoft Windows is a group of various graphical operating systems that are developed by Microsoft to run personal computers. Microsoft also introduced an operating environment known as Windows which serves as a graphical operating system shell for MS-DOS as the interest in graphical user interfaces is growing at a high pace. With a rapid race, Microsoft Windows came to dominate the world's PC market with over 90% market share. Adding to it, windows is still the most popular operating system on personal computers.
Diploma in Microsoft Technologies Course Contents
DMT training curriculum is designed to develop the skills necessary to meet professional requirements of IT & Telecom sectors.
DMT is a Microsoft exams collection that is trusted and accepted by leading employers, educational institutions and governments worldwide.
Trimester - 1
Windows Operating System
- Understanding operating system configurations
- Installing and upgrading client systems
- Managing applications
- Managing files and folders
- Managing devices
- Understanding operating system maintenance
- Getting Started with Microsoft Word
- Editing a Document
- Formatting Text
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Working with Tables
- Header and Footer
- Drawing Toolbar – Word Art
- Create Word Macros
- Proofing a Document
- Concepts of MS Excel
- Formulas and Functions
- Editing Features
- Working with the Large Workbooks
- Inserting page breaks for printing-
- Working with Charts
- Inserting Graphic Objects
- Previewing and Printing
- Simple Database Operation
- Analyzing Data Using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Getting Started
- Creating a Presentation
- Working with Content
- Formatting Text
- Adding Content
- Slide Effects
- Package a Presentation
- Introduction to COREL DRAW X5
- Drawing shapes
- Creating custom shapes
- Colors + Fills, Filling objects
- Working with artistic & paragraph text
- Shaping objects
- Working with bitmaps
- Using the interactive tools
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Rulers, guides and grids Layers
- Layers Styles
- Working with Text
- Color adjustment
- 'Quality' adjustment
- Outputting for the Web
- What is Illustrator?
- Working with Documents
- Selecting and Transforming Objects
- Distorting and transforming objects
- Working with Color, Fills and Strokes
- Working with Paths
- Creating Shapes
- Pen Tool
- Using Type in Illustrator
- Working with Layers
- Drawing in Perspective
- Printing, Saving, and Exporting
Trimester - 2
- Fundamentals of HTML
- Basic HTML tags
- Format text on Web Pages
- Incorporate images
- Create hyperlinks
- Create complex image maps
- Create tables and nested tables
- Insert a form on a web page
- Set, modify form field properties: text field, drop-down, check box, radio button
- Validating HTML
Cascading Style Sheet - CSS
- Designing with Style Sheets
- Style Sheet Syntax
- ID, Class Contextual Selectors
- Linked (External) Style Sheets
- Cascading Order
- Properties: Text, Font, Colors, Backgrounds, Borders
- Floating Elements
- Absolute and Relative Positioning i.e. Div’s etc.
- Layering Elements with the Z-Index
- Animation of objects
- Variables and Objects
- Decision Making Statement: If, Switch
- Loops: For, While & Do While
- Functions and Prototypes
- DOM Introduction
- DOM Event Model
- DOM Functions i.e. Document.Write, Document.GetElementById, Document.bgColor etc.
- Install & Configuration
- jQuery Syntax
- Events: Hide/Show, Fade, Slide, Animate, Stop, CSS
- jQuery Callback
- jQuery Chaining
Networking Core Concepts & CCNA
- Understanding network infrastructures
- Understand the concepts of Internet, intranet, and extranet
- Virtual Private Network (VPN), security zones, firewalls
- Understand local & wide area networks (LANs/WANs)
- Understand wireless networking & its standards
- Understand network topologies and access methods
- Understanding network hardware
- Understanding protocols and services
- CCNA Certification Official Curriculum
Software Development – I [Java]
- Language Components
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Inheritance & Polymorphism
- Abstract Classes and Interfaces
- Input and Output in Java
- Java Applets
- Java Graphics
Trimester - 3
Database Management System
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
- Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Writing SELECT Queries
- Querying Multiple Tables
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Working with SQL Server 2014 Data Types
- Using DML to Modify Data
- Using Built-In Functions
- Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Using Subqueries
- Using Table Expressions
- Using Set Operators
- Using Window Ranking, Offset, and Aggregate Functions
- Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Executing Stored Procedures
- Programming with T-SQL
- Implementing Error Handling
- Implementing Transactions
- Improving Query Performance
- Querying SQL Server Metadata
PHP HyperText PreProcessor - PHP
- PHP Document
- Language Fundamentals: Variables, Constants
- Decision Making Statement: If, ? & Switch
- Loops: For, For-Each While & Do While
- Statement: Break, Continue
- Operators: Airthmentic, String, Assignment, Comparison, Incr/Decr etc.
- PHP functions:
- Arrays: Numerically Indexed, Associative
- Array Functions: Join, Explode, Implode, In_Array, Array_Search.
- String Functions: Strlen, Printf, Substr, Str_Replace
- Server-Side Processing
- Processing Forms via GET/POST
- GET or POST?
- State and Persistence: Cookies/Session
- Web Application Development
- Introduction to PHP Frameworks
- Basic OOP
Integrating PHP and MySQL
- PHP interfacing with MySQL
- Connecting to MySQL
- Connecting to a database
- Executing SQL
- Retrieving the data set
- Refining the fetch
Administering Windows Server
Deploy, Manage, and Maintain Servers
- Deploy and manage server images.
- Implement patch management.
- Monitor servers.
Configure File and Print Services
- Configure Distributed File System (DFS).
- Configure File Server Resource Manager (FSRM).
- Configure file and disk encryption.
- Configure advanced audit policies.
Configure Network Services and Access
- Configure DNS zones & DNS records.
- Configure VPN and routing.
- Configure DirectAccess.
Configure a Network Policy Server Infrastructure
- Configure Network Policy Server (NPS).
- Configure NPS policies.
- Configure Network Access Protection (NAP).
Configure and Manage Active Directory
- Configure service authentication.
- Configure Domain Controllers.
- Maintain Active Directory.
- Configure account policies.
Configure and Manage Group Policy
- Configure Group Policy processing.
- Configure Group Policy settings.
- Manage Group Policy objects (GPOs).
- Configure Group Policy preferences
Trimester – 4
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert - Networking
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server
- Administering Windows Server
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server Services
- Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Software Development – II [C# Sharp]
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a console application
- Everything is an object
- Understanding C# syntax
- Identifier naming conventions
- Using the documentation
- Using built-in data types
- Declaring variables
- Working with characters, Strings
- Building strings with StringBuilder
- Parsing strings as numbers
- Using mathematical operators
- Working with Boolean values and expressions
- Using constants and enumerations
- Working with dates and times
- Using simple arrays
Managing Application Flow
- Getting input in a console application
- Evaluating conditions with if and else
- Evaluating conditions with switch statements
- Looping with for, while, do-while & foreach statements
- Creating reusable code with methods
- Managing variable visibility and scope
- Managing flow with break and continue
- Challenge: Building a simple calculator application
- Solution: Building a simple calculator application
Exception Handling and Debugging
- Understanding runtime exceptions
- Debugging exceptions in your code
- Handling exceptions with try/catch
- Using multiple catch statements
- Cleaning up with finally
Creating Custom Classes
- Defining a class with static methods
- Representing data with plain-old class objects
- Declaring private fields and public properties
- Declaring properties with shorthand get and set methods
- Overriding the ToString() method
- Adding multiple constructor methods
- Organizing classes with namespaces
Working with Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Extending a class to create a new class
- Overriding and calling base class methods
- Creating methods that accept sub-classed objects
ASP.NET or Android App Development
ASP.NET Web Applications
Overview of .NET & Web Technologies
- Overview of Microsoft Web Technologies
- Overview of ASP.NET
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC
Designing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Planning in the Project Design Phase
- Designing Models, Controllers, and Views
Developing ASP.NET MVC Models
- Creating MVC Models
- Working with Data
Developing ASP.NET MVC Controllers
- Writing Controllers and Actions, Action Filters
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
Developing ASP.NET MVC Views
- Creating Views with Razor Syntax
- Using HTML Helpers
- Reusing Code in Views
Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Unit Testing MVC Components
- Implementing an Exception Handling Strategy
Structuring ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Analyzing Information Architecture
- Configuring Routes
- Creating a Navigation Structure
Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Using Template Views
- Applying CSS to an MVC Application
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Using AJAX and Partial Page Updates
- Implementing a Caching Strategy
- Using jQuery and jQuery UI
Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Implementing Authentication and Authorization
Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC Web Application
- Developing Secure Sites
- State Management
Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Developing a Web API
- Calling a Web API from Mobile and Web Applications
Deploying ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Deploying a Web Application or MVC Application
Android App Development
- Android Studio Installation
- What is Android?
- Architecture Explained
- Role of Java
- Hello World Application
Unit Testing and Debugging
- Creating Unit Tests
- Android Development Tools (ADT)
- Using the Emulator
- Analyzing the Heap
Android User Interface
- View Hierarchy, Menus
- Defining & Applying Styles to the UI
- Platform Styles and Themes
- Layout Containers
- Weight and Gravity
- Layout Techniques
- Handling Events
- ScrollView, ViewPager
- TabView, Custom Views
Storing and Retrieving Data
- Internal and External Storage
- Querying Content Providers
- Modifying Data
- Creating a Content Provider
- Main UI Thread
- Using AsyncTask
Location Services and Maps
- Location Services
- Mock Location Data
- Google Map Libraries
- Web Apps Overview
- Targeting Screens from Web Apps
- Web View
- Debugging Web Apps
- Best Practices for Web Apps
- Supporting multiple screens
- Optimizing for Other Android Versions