Programming Fundamentals using C++ Language
For the ease of people, it’s totally free to download and use.
What are the programming fundamentals?
The original formulation of a computing problem to executable computer programs leads to programming fundamentals or computer programming. Programming includes tasks such as analysis, creating algorithms and; confirming its necessities, including their resources consumption and implementation.
Why learn programming fundamentals?
Programming is a growingly essential skill. In any field related to computers, this course is the first step in the specialization. Programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing a clear set of steps to solve any problem in the algorithm. Similarly, this course will introduce you to a strong problem-solving procedure.
Uses of programming fundamentals
Every year advanced and latest computer programming languages have been created. Programmers build directions for a computer to act upon by writing and testing code to enable applications and software programs to operate successfully. Programming allows developing programming languages which are used for transforming computing problems into instructions and have helped in the development of the internet. C++ is the language which since its inception serving as a core for computing technologies.
Benefits of programming fundamentals
- You’ll become smarter and think differently
- It will make a positive impact on your career
- Enhance your professional skills
- Help you to bring your creative and technological ideas to life
- Increase job opportunities
What will you learn in this course?
In this course, you will learn how to build an algorithm, then headway to reading code and getting the idea of how programming concepts are related to algorithms. Programming languages have a unique set of keywords and the creation of well-formed sentences in a language for organizing program instructions, here you practice all of them using C++ Language.
- Introduce the notion of algorithms
- Develop problem-solving and logic building skills
- Introduce the basic concepts of programming in C++, including basic data types, expressions, iterations, functions, arrays, and pointers.
Problem Solving and Programming on Paper
- Computational Problems
- Algorithms and Problem Solving
Simple C++ Programs
- Flowcharts to describe algorithms
- Compiler & Linker
- Expressions and Operator Precedence
- How to Print to Screen and Take Input
- Programs with if/else statements
- Programs with nested if/else statements
- Repetitions using while loops
- Repetitions using while and for loops
- Function definition and Calling:
- Parameters and return types; types of parameters, stack rolling and unrolling.
- Converting some of the previously written programs into functions.
Collections of data
- How to define and use fixed-sized arrays. Arrays, if/else and loops
Examples of programs & CStrings
- Binary Search, Array Reversal, Detecting Palindromes
- Character arrays and CStrings
Arrays, Functions & File I/O
- Functions with 1D array parameters
- Reading and Writing from text files
Programs with nested loops
- Bubble Sort & Selection Sort
- Substring Finding
- How multidimensional arrays are stored and used
- Programs with multidimensional arrays, e.g. matrix addition and multiplication
Arrays with functions
- Functions with 2D array parameters
- Bitwise Operators
- Pointers data type, variables, initialization. Operators (Address of and dereferencing).
- Pointers operations and meanings (Assignment, Arithmetic, Logical).
Dynamic Allocation with pointers
- Dynamic Variables new and delete operators. Memory Leak and Dangling Pointers.
- Passing and return pointers from functions by reference and by value.
- Dynamic 1-dimensional arrays, create, delete, grow and shrink.
- Multiple Indirection, Array of pointers, Partial dynamic Multi-dimensional arrays.
- Dynamic Multi-dimensional arrays declaration, and processing.
- Dynamic Handling of C strings.