IoT [Internet of Things]
[Download Free Outline]
IoT is a major technology source which helps to produce various internet applications. This is an internet application which connects all the physical objects such as network devices/routers and exchange data etc. IoT systems have applications through their unique flexibility and ability that is suitable in any environment. Moreover, they augment data collection, automation, operations, and much more through smart devices and powerful enabling technology. These systems enable greater transparency, control, and performance when they are applied to any industry or system.
Uses of IoT
The Internet of Things (IoT) is ushering in a new era in science and technology which increases its uses.
IoT serves a wide range of its functions which helps you in everyday life. Smartphones are the highest-ranking IoT applications. Likewise, smart apple watch is one of the hot topics of today’s world which is a unique IoT invention. The industrial internet is also one of the special IoT’s application. Additionally, many pieces of research such as Gartner or Cisco see the industrial internet as the IoT concept with the highest overall potential. The smart supply chain is a solution for tracking goods. IoT’s network connection to industrial machinery increases the productivity and remote functioning. The most important benefit of IoT is, it saves time and money.
The biggest implementation of the internet of things is security devices. By using IoT devices we can track unwanted activities and risk areas. On the other-side we can secure our love-ones as well as our precious things by tracking. Furthermore, security devices top-most application is in businesses.
Practical applications of IoT
- Smart city
- The personal home automation system
- Smart grids
- Industrial internet
- Connected car and health
- Energy management
- Smart supply chain
- Large scale deployment
Why learn IoT?
Learning IoT will provide you with a better scope for future Data scientist which encourage you to excel greatly in life and gives you better career opportunities. A user-friendly programming language creates interest which helps to produce creative internet applications. Moreover, it is an affordable learning option. IoT gives a better understanding of business strategies which flourish your career. At last, the mobile era, the ruler nowadays-which is developing day by day offers quite a lot of outsourcing opportunities to make a career.
IoT Course Outline
The Internet of things (IoT) is the network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity which enables these objects to connect and exchange data.
- Required micro-controller
- Install Raspberry pi firmware
- USB to Serial
- Download a driver software for your development board
- Install board packages and Drivers (Libraries)
Create and Test Run Your First Project
- Led on off
- How does the program work?
- Explore the Raspberry pi 3 IDE
Basic Components and Digital Output
- General Purpose Input Output
- Basic tools and electronic components
- Digital Output -- "my Blink”
- Basic Sketch Programming
- GPIO configuration
- Working with breadboard and circuit configuration
Using Serial Monitor to Debug Your Sketch
- Debugging Your Sketch Using Serial Monitor
- View Graph/waveforms using Serial Plotter
- Send data using Serial monitor
- Digital Input
- Monitoring input from digital sensors
- Using built-in pull-up resistors
Analog Input Output
- Analog Input
- Adjustable Blink
Pulse-width Modulation (PWM) and Analog Output
- Pulse-width Modulation: PWM
- Generating an analog signal from pulse-width modulation
- Dimming an LED with PWM
Connect sensors to your IoT
- Temperature sensor: LM35
- Temperature & Humidity sensor: DHT series
- Configure Web Server on Raspberry pi 3
- Configure apache and MySQL
IoT Connectivity with live API’s
- Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)
- Play around with MQTT
- Publish and Subscribe using Mobile Devices
- Publish and Subscribe using Micro-controller (MCU)
The real-time examples will be given throughout the lectures, starting from design, analysis, implementation, and maintenance.